Selling on Instagram
You can sell your products on Instagram by tagging them when they appear in posts you place on your Instagram account.
Customers who find these tagged products can then tap a link to view and buy a product in your online store:
To use this Instagram feature, you'll need to meet the following requirements (these are set out by Instagram)
- You'll need to be located in one of the countries listed here
- Your Instagram account must be converted to a business profile
- Connect your business Instagram account to your Facebook Business Manager account
- Connect your business Instagram account to a Facebook catalogue
- You'll need to make sure you're using the latest version of the Instagram app on your smart phone or tablet
- Your business must sell physical products that comply with Instagram's policies, merchant agreement and commerce policy
Once you've set up Instagram Shopping you'll be able to tag products in your Instagram posts.
Creating a Facebook catalogue
Make sure your account conforms to the other eligibility requirements listed at the top of this page and await a notification from Instagram that your account has been approved for product tagging.