Selling on Instagram
You can sell your products on Instagram by tagging them when they appear in posts you place on your Instagram account.
Customers who find these tagged products can then tap a link to view and buy a product in your online store, as shown in the example below.
To use this Instagram feature, you'll need to meet the following requirements (these are set out by Instagram)
- You'll need to be located within the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, France, Germany, Spain, Italy or Brazil
- Your Instagram account must be converted to a business profile
- Your business profile must be connected to a Facebook catalogue
- You'll need to make sure you're using the latest version of the Instagram app on your smart phone or tablet
- Your business must sell physical products that comply with Instagram's policies, merchant agreement and commerce policy
After approval you'll be able to turn on product tagging through your Instagram settings.
Creating a Facebook catalogue
Make sure your account conforms to the other eligibility requirements listed at the top of this page and await a notification from Instagram that your account has been approved for product tagging.