Installing your payment gateway
If your unsure of what a payment gateway is, or don't have one yet, then you'll need to read our article An introduction to payment gateways.
We've pre-installed the most popular payment gateways on our platform already, so all you need to do is put in your unique account details, and the installation will work automatically.
If you're using a payment gateway that isn't already installed on our system - then you'll need to contact us and ask us to add it in for you (there maybe an additional charge for this service).
1. Select 'checkout' from the left hand menu and then 'payment gateway'.
2. Beneath the PayPal/Braintree area is a box titled 'Payment Gateway'
3. Select your Payment Gateway from the drop down list
If your gateway doesn't appear in the list, please contact us about installation.
4. Once you've selected your gateway, a form will appear beneath which asks you for your details. You'll be able to get all of these details from your merchant account (you may need to contact them to ask them where to find them).
5. Enter your details into this form and click the 'save changes' button.
Your payment gateway will then be automatically activated on your account.
It is very important that you enter all of your details exactly as they have been provided by your merchant. Any details that are not correct will result in your installation not working correctly (or not at all).
6. Some payment gateways require an SSL certificate in order to work (because your customers will add in payment information directly onto your website). When an SSL certificate is required you'll be notified as shown on the example below.
7. Some payment gateways require additional setup steps to be completed within your payment gateway account. When additional setup is required you'll be notified as shown on the example below. You should click the link to view the setup instructions.
Make sure you have followed these instructions very carefully to ensure that your gateway is setup correctly.
8. Our platform can support more than one payment gateway on your store, but depending on your theme you may need to make HTML/CSS changes to support more than one payment gateway. Once you've setup your payment gateways you should check your checkout pages and how each button is displayed to the user. If you need assistance because your theme is not displaying checkout options correctly please contact us.
Once you have setup your gateway you should perform a test transaction to ensure that everything is setup and working correctly.