How to make text plain text
When copying text from a file (like Microsoft Word or an Adobe PDF file) or another website, your text will not copy and paste into the CMS exactly as it appears on the source document.
Copying and pasting from Word or PDF files may cause the text editor to not work properly.
This is because the aim of the text editor is to copy across the styling (i.e. format) of text as well as the actual text, and because programmes like Word & Adobe PDF work differently to website browsers, there will be a conflict.
In order to avoid this problem, the text that you copy needs to be converted into plain text. This is easy to do, by following the instructions below.
These instructions should only be followed if there isn't already content in the editor box. If there is you can use a tool like this one instead.
Instructions for converting to plain text
1. Highlight the text on your source document and copy it to your computers clipboard (CTRL + C on a Windows computer or CMD + C on an Apple computer).
2. Go to the CMS and click the < / > icon (indicated below).
3. This will change the display of the editor to have a black background.
4. Paste your text into the black box (CTRL + V on a Windows computer or CMD + V on an Apple computer).
5. Click the < / > icon again and your text will now be present in the box ready for you to format it using the page editor.