An introduction to discount and promotional voucher codes
A voucher code is a string of text (and/or numbers) that a customer enters at checkout to obtain a special discount, pre-determined by you, the store owner, e.g. 10OFF or FREESHIPXMAS. Voucher codes are an integral part of marketing any online store.
You can create money off voucher codes (e.g. £10 discount), percentage voucher codes (e.g. 10% discount) or free delivery voucher codes.
Follow the links on the left hand menu to find out how to create and manage your voucher codes.
Marketing your codes
A voucher code is no use unless;
a) your customers know about it, and
b) unless it is used for a particular promotion or marketing campaign (i.e. there is no point in a voucher code that everybody knows about)
Voucher codes can work very well as part of an email marketing campaign read more here.
Important notes about voucher codes
- You can create as many as you like
- Customers can only use one voucher code in the same transaction
- A code you create can be edited at any time (you may want to change the offer)
- Discounts can be activated or deactivated at any time and you can set start and expiry dates
- You can limit the number of times a code can be used.