Google Analytics is a powerful tool you can use to monitor visitors to your website.
The key features of Google Analytics are:
- Where visitors come from (i.e. what website they were on before they got to your website)
- How long visitors spend on your website
- What pages visitors look at
- Where visitors are located (particularly useful if you're selling internationally)
- What pages visitors left on
- Whether a visitor 'convers' (i.e. buys from you)
If you're already using Google Analytics
If you are moving your website to ShopWired from another provider and already using Google Analytics then installation is easy, you just need to copy and paste your visitor tracking code into the visitor tracking code section of your ShopWired account.
To do so, follow the instructions here.
If you're not already using Google Analytics
You will need (if you don't already have one) to create a Google Account and then sign up for Google Analytics.
We have a step-by-step instruction guide on how to do so here.